EaP CSF calls for applications: Finance and Grants Manager
The Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the
Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF Secretariat) is accepting
applications for the position of Finance and Grants Manager, who will be
directly responsible to the Director of the EaP CSF Secretariat.
Start date: early June 2018
Type of contract: Permanent contract 90%
Specific duties of the Financial and Grants Manager include:
- Prepare Secretariats budget and other projects budgets when needed;
- Monitor budgets and recommend effective approaches to track and manage budgets in order to produce financial analysis for planning and decision-making;
- Process all day-to-day financial transactions, including invoices, purchase orders, expense reimbursements of the Secretariat and its staff;
- Prepare monthly submissions to the accountant for bookkeeping;
- Carry out all Secretariats purchasing activities;
- Prepare contracts and liaise with service-providers and consultants to ensure satisfactory delivery of services;
- Manage payroll;
- Manage cash flow;
- Manage petty cash;
- Liaise with auditors to prepare audits of grants and of annual accounts;
- Prepare documents for presentation of Annual Accounts to the Board of Directors;
IMPORTANT: depending on the profile of the candidate (accountant), the accounting function which is currently outsourced may be internalised and the position may be extended to full-time.
- Ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent management of grants;
- Ensure compliance with all donors requirements (both financial and administrative) and keep up-to-date with these requirements;
- Responsible for the proper implementation of the procurement procedures;
- Financial and grants management responsibility of the Financial Support to Third Parties of the EaP CSF Secretariat under the project funded by the EC including updating and/or drafting guidelines for applicants, supporting the selection procedure, revising contracts with grantees, ensuring timely disbursement of instalments, ensuring adequate and timely receipts of financial reports, and building and maintaining relationships with grantees. On these duties, the Finance and Grants Manager will work in close collaboration with the Advocacy Manager.
- Advise or update policies and procedures for grants management and ensure they are taken into consideration and shared within the Secretariat staff;
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by donors;
- Provide input into the development of the funding strategy and co-financing;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned or required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, International Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous accounting and/or finance-related experience preferably in an international environment;
- In-depth knowledge of rules and requirements of donors in particular the European Union, and other donors;
- Ability to exercise the highest level of discretion and confidentiality in carrying out the duties
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong ability to establish priorities, work within tight timelines and multi-task;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience;
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably good command of Russian;
- Be methodical, accurate and organised.
The EaP CSF Secretariat offers:
· Permanent contract (between 90% and 100% depending on the profile and experience)
· Attractive salary
· Benefits package including lunch vouchers and transport allowance.
Please submit (in English) to email@example.com
· Your CV
· A one-page motivation letter
· Two referees
Deadline for applications is May 2, 2018.